The house was constructed between 1905 and 1910, retaining many of the original period features. Originally built as a guest house for holiday makers travelling up from South Wales on the newly constructed railway. The house once boasted a tennis courts and bowling green. Now restored to this classic Art Nouveau period, the classic "Tulip", "Whiplash" and "Rose" styles are repeated throughout the house, evoking that 'Belle Époque' period where design flair, style and colour eclipsed the dark and sombre Victorian era.
The fittings, the furniture, the wall coverings and the fabrics used in the refurbishment of Ardwyn House have all, where possible, been selected to complement the restoration project as a whole.
The bed linen and the towels are of the finest quality Egyptian cotton. Each bedroom has the benefit of its own ensuite bath or shower room, each one differing from the rest. These large bathrooms house a roll-top bath or a huge shower.